Let me preface this by saying, I can’t make this shit up… I was early this morning so I thought I’d relax on the train by listening to Anita Baker and crocheting. My plans were soon thrawted when my seat mate plopped down two stops later. I guess I am hella approachable because she started in right away. Below is as much of the conversation as I can remember – me saying very little but staying engaged: – Teach me how to crochet. (That was an adventure within itself because I actually demonstrated and she wanted to learn from the beginning.)
– What are you making – a cup holder? You should make a crock pot. It holds a lot of stuff ya know. 😕
– My cousin sews. She’s a redbone just like you. She teaches boys how to be professors at the university. One jumped in her face like she was a man. She should’ve knocked him the fuck out.💪
– I woke up in Oklahoma three days ago and now I’m here.👀👀👀
– Any black colleges in Atlanta? I wonder if they will give me money to pay for my books. I need a scholarship or something.
– I’m 53 years old with my hair like this. It don’t make any sense being 42 with my hair like this. (Foul on the mofo play! 😑)
– I wear this I love Jesus scarf inside out because I don’t know how Jesus looks on the inside ya know. 😧
– Will you excuse me for the smell?
– Where are you going?
– What’s your name? My name is Felicia.
– Well this is my stop Nicole…see you later.
Me: Bye Felicia. 😄
I hope she has a great day.